Well washing hands permits to remove dirts and avoid bacteria from spreading to other people and the rest of the body. Here are the steps to follow inorder to properly wash hands from the World Health Organisation.
- Wet your hands with water (warm or cold).
- Apply enough soap to cover all over your hands.
- Rub the soap on your hands from palm to palm.
- Rub the back of your left hand using the right hand with the interlaced fingers. Do the same with the right hand.
- Rub the palms together with fingers interlaced together.
- Rub your palms together with fingers interlocked.
- Clasp your left thumb with your right hand and rub in rotation. Repeat with your left hand and right thumb.
- Rinse your hands with water (warm or cold).
- Dry your hands thoroughly. It is best with a disposable towel.
- Use the disposable towel to turn off the tap.
Hands should be washed after handling raw food, after using the toilet and after having contact with animals.
Ornella Mendjana (Intern)