A gloomy Sunday in the Awae neighbourhood in Yaounde, as the population mourn three children who died after drinking poisoned yoghurt.
Family members of the deceased are yet to come to terms to the sudden demise of their relatives.
It is alleged that the children, James, Adonai and Marcelin, aged 5 year and two others aged 3 and 9 years respectively consumed yoghurt at a neighbour’s house.
Shortly after drinking the beverage, the children complained of stomach disorder.
They were rushed to the nearest health centre at the Nkomo Neighborhood.
One of the children died on the way to hospital.
The neighbour who offered the yoghurt is alleged to be a student of the Siantou University and has been taken into custody by security officers at the Nkomo Gendarmerie Brigade for investigations.
Officers say investigations are ongoing determine the exact circumstances that led to the dead of the children.