The Belgian Ambassador to Cameroon, Stephane Doppagne has come to the end of his diplomatic sojourn to the country after four years.
He was granted a farewell audience at the Unity Palace by the President of the Republic, Paul Biya
Ambassador Stephane Doppagne of the Kingdom of Belgium and President Paul Biya reviewed the state of diplomatic relations between the two countries, on Wednesday July 15, 2020.
At the end of the close to one hour audience, the Belgian Diplomat saluted the significant growth in cooperation ties between Yaounde and Brussels during his four-year stay.
“I am very confident it will continue to be so with my successor,” he said.
Some of the major diplomatic gains during his mandate include:
– Fruitful political exchanges,
– Increase in bilateral trade,
– Humanitarian aid to the Far North Region hosting refugees from neighbouring countries,
– Award of scholarships to Cameroonian students,
– The development of the Douala and Kribi ports.
Stephane Doppagne expressed gratitude of the legendary hospitality of Cameroonians.
He said the solidarity did not only facilitate frequent consultations but it’s a major factor for the security of the entire Central African sub region.