Teachers who have been outstanding, duty conscious and discipline during the 2019/2020 school year in the national education sector will receive distinctions on October 5, 2020 to mark Teachers Day celebrations.
The National Council For the award of academic palms is meeting to examine in yaounde for its 6th ordinary session to examine files submitted.
Members of the academic palms council are examining the over 7000 files during the meeting holding under the chairmanship of the Secretary of State in charge of Teachers Training.
At the end of the session the academic palms will to awarded in different categories:
– 659 for the rank of Knight of Order of Valour
– 500 for the level of Officer of Order of Valour.
They will receive the medals from the President of the National Council for the Allocation of Academic Palms.
Criteria To Receive Medals
– Personnel of public, parapublic and private secondary schools with 15 years of service without disciplinary measures.
– Be of good moral standard
– A production of works of the mind
– Must have contributed to the promotion and influence of the teaching profession.
– Exceptional services rendered to national education
The 6th session of the National Council for the award of academic palms brought together members from the Ministry of Secondary and Basic Education, Ministry of Vocational Training and the Ministry of Sports and Physical Education.