The General Assembly of Cameroon Football Federation, FECAFOOT has met in Douala this Saturday, August 27,2022
The deliberations most powerful wing of the federation are guided by some proposals from Saturday’s executive committee meeting.
A total of 65 out of the 73 delegates that make up the FECAFOOT General Assembly answered present at the Douala meeting.
The Cameroon football governing body at the close of the meeting reach a number of resolutions.
– Delegates unanimously agreed to dissolve the Professional football league.
– They also voted to expel Guibaï Gatama from the FECAFOOT executive committee.
– The 2022-2023 sports calendar was approved
– The President of FECAFOOT has been mandated to contact former President, Tombi A Roko; to request documents signed during his mandate relating to the construction of stadiums and other sports infrastructure.
– The General Assembly has also empowered the President to investigate anyone or group of persons who have robbed the federation of its funds in the past.
Samuel Eto’o Fils and his fellow executive members are bent on recovering every franc that has been swindled from the federation.
FECAFOOT President, Samuel Eto’o reiterated the commitment of his executive to construct 10 stadiums in Cameroon; with Bamenda and Kousseri to be the first beneficiaries in the months ahead.
He also announced the comeback of the Cameroon Golden Ball Award “ballon d’or”, with an award night to compensate the best football actors of the season.
– Beach soccer and futsal championships will be launched in the months ahead after a 14 year absence.
– The sum 48 million FCFA will be given as subvention to each Elite One club while 100 million FCFA is the prize money to be given to the next elite one champions.
The General Assembly was preceded by the executive committee meeting on Saturday August 26, 2022 during which important resolutions were taken.
The General Assembly meeting was witnessed by two former FECAFOOT Presidents, the President of the the National Olympic and Sports Committee, Col. Kalkaba Malboum, Roving Ambassador Albert Roger Milla, the President of the Normalization Committee of the Chadian football Federation amongst others.